G M T M Consultants since 1999 South African Divorce Decree and  Settlement Agreement

Situated near most relevant Government Departments, Institutions, Embassy's and the Criminal Record Centre of the South African Police Service

Tel: 0027 126709010 or 012 670 9010

Head Office and Courier address.

57 Swarthout Street




South Africa


Telephone No:

012 6709010/22

Email: info@gmtm.co.za

Master Website:


Welcome to our website on  Divorce Decree and Divorce Settlement Agreements. If you do not find the information you need please feel free to contact or email us.

Regards Gawie Maritz

Owner and Managing Director


Frequintly asked Questions

About Us

Terms and Conditions

Other Services by GMTM Consultants

• Police Clearance Certificate

• Birth Certificates

• Marriage Certificates

• Letter of No Impediment

• Embassy Legalisation

• Document Attestation

• Notary Services

Email: info@gmtm.co.za

1. What is a Divorce Decree?

The final decree or decree of divorce represents the  outcome of a divorce action. Signed by the presiding judge, the decree lists the parties involved, as well as the decisions taken in the case over child custody, the division of assets, and other matters.

2. What is a Divorce Settlement Agreement?

A divorce settlement agreement is a agreements reached between divorcing (or separating) spouses as to child custody, child support, alimony (also referred to as “spousal support” or “maintenance”), and the division of property.

3. Where does one obtain  your Divorce Decree?

You have to apply to the court where you got divorced and and specifically to the filing room. In most cases divorce cases from 1996 will be at the specific High Court and cases before 1996 will be in the archives. Where cases are in the archives the file has to be ordered which can take several weeks.

4. What will you need to obtain my Divorce Decree?

You will need your case no which is a combination of  a reference number and he year of the divorce Example:  A1234/2017

If you do not have the case number you can search for the case number on the court rolls which will be a tedious task taking you hours and up to days.

5. How is a Divorce Order issued?

There are two ways of issuing namely one from the file if available or the order must be retyped. If you don't know your way around this can be tedious, time consuming and fruitless.

6. Can Divorce Decrees be Attested and Apostilled for use outside of SA?

Divorce Decrees can be Attested or Apostilled but it must be done at the relevant High Court.